Grade 3: Polygons
Common Core Standards Alignment
- 3.G.1 Understand that shapes in different categories (e.g., rhombuses, rectangles, and others) may share attributes (e.g., having four sides), and that the shared attributes can define a larger category (e.g., quadrilaterals). Recognize rhombuses, rectangles, and squares as examples of quadrilaterals, and draw examples of quadrilaterals that do not belong to any of these subcategories.
Sample Question Statements
- 1. Is the shape a polygon?
- 2. Identify the shape.
- 3. How many angles does this polygon have?
- 4. Which of the following is a Triangle?
- 5. Phil draws a figure with 4 sides. What polygon did he draw?
- 6. How many angles does a Quadrilateral have?
- 7. Which of the following is a Pentagon?
- 8. Abby draws a figure with 8 angles. What polygon did she draw?
- 9. How many angles does a Octagon have?
- 10. Which of the following is a Octagon?
- 11. Emily draws a figure with 4 sides. What polygon did she draw?
- 12. How many sides does a Octagon have?
Requires: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.2 or later.