Grade 2: Regrouping Tens As Hundreds
Common Core Standards Alignment
- 2.NBT.7 Add and subtract within 1000, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method.Understand that in adding or subtracting three-digit numbers, one adds or subtracts hundreds and hundreds, tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose or decompose tens or hundreds.
Sample Question Statements
- 1. Do you need to regroup tens to subtract these numbers?
- 2. Regroup and subtract numbers. Find the hundreds, tens and ones in the difference.
- 3. Regroup and subtract numbers. Find the difference.
- 4. Subtract with regrouping.
Requires: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.2 or later.