Grade 2: Word Problems
Common Core Standards Alignment
- 2.NBT.7 Add and subtract within 1000, using concrete models or drawings and strategies based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction; relate the strategy to a written method.Understand that in adding or subtracting three-digit numbers, one adds or subtracts hundreds and hundreds, tens and tens, ones and ones; and sometimes it is necessary to compose or decompose tens or hundreds.
Sample Question Statements
- 1. Rick has 4 pears. He gifts 2 pears to his friend Aaron. How many pears is he left with?
- 2. Ali has 5 guavas in a basket. Reeve takes away 1 guava from the same basket. How many guavas are left in the basket?
- 3. Joseph has 8 oranges and Selena has 6 oranges. How many more oranges does Joseph have than Selena?
- 4. Bill has 7 blue balls and Selena has 6 blue balls. How many more blue balls does Bill have than Selena?
- 5. Bryan has 6 blue balls and Bob has 9 blue balls. How many more blue balls does Bob have than Bryan?
- 6. Sean has 9 guavas. He gifts 6 guavas to his friend Chris. How many guavas is he left with?
Requires: Compatible with iPad.Requires iOS 4.2 or later.